Sanskar - A Program for Youth Awareness and Education
The word Sanskar originated from the Sanskrit word Samskaram, which means accomplishment. In this program, we will make the youth of the nation complete in their understanding, so that they can reach the stars. We will give them the light of education, the eyes of awareness, so that they can look at their well-trained hands and discover what they are capable of creating.
If we look at the facts about the literacy rate of the nation then these numbers are nothing less than depressing. India in general and Rajasthan in particular is suffering and the number of educated people is low. In the year 1981, the percentage of educated population in the country was just over 40% and in 2001 still it was at a very disappointing 65% mark. The case with our state of Rajasthan is worse here in the year 1981 the percentage educated people was 30% and in 2001 it came up to 60% which still is far from being satisfactory.
Just like anything else in the issue of lack literacy we have to focus on the youth. We all have to be responsible and as educated citizens should understand this grave grievance. This issue of illiteracy can be solved when we will start looking at the youth and make them capable with our compassion to look to us for their day-to-day issues. We strongly believe that to make someone understand anything we have to first relate to them. First comes the connection and then communication which eventually leads the youth towards being the true leaders of the nation. Visitors are always welcomed.
Project area – The village of Hawala and Badgaon to start with and then the same program would be taken to the village of Bedla.
Target group – this program focuses on the under-privileged youth of the village area between the age group of 4 to 15 years.
- Youth will be able to see their society as it is with the good and bad sides, thus will be able to make positive changes in it.
- Youth will be educated and so will be able to take better care of themselves and their families.
- With the additional vocational training they will have better chances of getting jobs and living happily.
- When these youngsters are well-educated, they will spread the light of awareness and education to all they come in touch with. It will be a chain reaction. We will make sure to tell the people coming into the center to spread the word about the center and the importance of education.
- Educated and aware youth will become parents, and at that point they will take care of their kids in the same way. Thus the whole population will become more and more educated and aware.